Saturday, June 13, 2015

Brave Williams-Fearless



Brave is one of those singers that you just can't help but love, even if you are not a fan of her music or her style, her beautiful spirit is just irresistible. I didn't think I'd see much from her once RichGirl disbanded and Sevyn went solo. (Funny how Sevyn went solo and turned out to be the most popular one, I personally thought Lyndriette was the best singer out of the group). Anyway, back to Brave, when I found out that she would be joining the cast of R&B Divas LA last year I guess you can say I begin to google her so to speak. I discovered "Oooh (Luv Ya)", I thought it was cute, though quite simplistic and loved the 90's vibe of the video. I begin to follow her on twitter shortly afterwards and I had actually begin recapping the R&B Divas series until circumstances beyond my control occurred and my recaps came to an abrupt halt. 

I got to listen to her EP on her channel, and it's not bad thought I do feel that there are way to many interludes on it. She would have been better off leaving those off and having two more songs. "OMT"(One More Time) is the sex song of the EP, not raunchy however she doesn't hold back. I love the first single, the second single "Road Trippin" is also worth a listen, comparing lovemaking to driving a sports car. With that being said, the song that really caught my attention was "Lesson In Love", clearly influenced by the Ying Yang Twins's "Wait" from the beat to the whispering rap at the beginning to the rap near the end. "put my sex drive got me gone in 60 seconds, say you got what it takes but I got another question, can you be one I call like 911" she strives to make herself the attention of her beau. Safe and Sound is an interlude that should have been a full song. 

The final track "Original" is the only track on the album that the intro really fits. Brave talks about growing up multi-racial w/ a white (Czechoslovakian) mother and a Black/Cherokee father and how she did not fill that she truly fit in w/ either crowd, the song is an anthem basically saying do you and do it well. So far so good, and I'd be interested to see were Brave can her career.



















No comments:

Post a Comment