Monday, August 6, 2012

My Review on Triumphant (Get Em') by Mariah Carey

So I've been checking my twitter timeline quite a bit this year and recently I have been reading about an upcoming single by Mariah Carey. I've always enjoyed Mariah Carey as a singer, while I may not like everything that she does overall she's a legit singer and when she's good, she's damn good! I was not too crazy about the Memoirs.... album to be honest with you (Sorry Mariah, you should stick w/ Jermaine Dupri when you want to do R&B, the Dream does not do you justice, I actually like the Dream, but not for your production). To get to the single now. Can I just say I am SOOOOO glad that she used JD for the production of this single? I can tell that the single has the potential to be a good hit and would probably be better as a solo version or a version limited to one or two rap verses. I listed to the version featuring Rick Ross and Meek Mills and while it does not sound bad, I do think that we heard too much of them and not enough Mariah. In this version all we hear is Mariah singing the course. The song itself is a pretty powerful anthem, that to some extent reminds me of "Champion" by Ace Hood Featuring Jazmine Sullivan. Though I must say that I like the latter much better. One we know that it's an Ace Hood song, and Jazmine gets a pretty nice solo right before the final rap from Ace. "Triumphant" has the potential, but it probably works better as a solo, with that being said, I'm anxious to hear the rest of the album. Listen to the song for yourself and give me your opinion.


MARIAH CAREY-TRIUMPHANT (GET EM') [FEAT. MEEK MILLS AND RICK ROSS]


CHAMPION-ACE HOOD (FEAT. JAZMINE SULLIVAN)


                       


No comments:

Post a Comment